Assistant Recreation Marketing Director Job Description
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of visionary leadership and exceptional skills in the areas of communication, leadership, entrepreneurship, long range planning, fundraising, volunteer recruitment and training, public relations and budgeting. This position requires the successful individual to display energy, enthusiasm, stamina, commitment to the community, inclusive approaches in working with citizens and capability of multi-tasking in a fast paced environment. This position reports directly to the Recreation Marketing Director and works collaboratively with all Recreation staff and all departments in Mount Olive Township.
Marketing & Public Relations
- Assists with developing an integrated marketing strategies for the department’s programs and events.
- Develop flyers, posters, town billboards and other collaterals to promote programs, activities and facilities.
- Implement online marketing strategies to include but not limited to: Facebook, email campaigns, website and blogs.
- Manage all media contacts and issues for the department.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of marketing principles and current practices.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ensure the desired image of the department and position are consistent in all communication both internal and external.
- Prepares the seasonal brochures, art work and follow-up with instructors and sponsors
- Prepares and manages the weekly e-newsletter
Planning & Budgeting
- Assists with developing the annual Partnership Programs to ensure the fiscal success of each event and the department in the overall.
- Assist with following up with the soliciting and acquiring sponsors for department events and programs.
- Assist with the sponsorship and partnership program to enhance program offerings and develop community support.
- Conduct customer and citizen surveys, market research and pricing trend analysis.
- Assists the Recreation Marketing Director to successfully partner with businesses, organizations, and other town agencies.
- Work cohesively with the Recreation Supervisor to accommodate for budget changes, revenue needs and implement strategies to ensure department’s fiscal success.
- Ensure accurate accounting of all event revenues and expenses.
- Ensure all sponsors and partner organizations are thanked in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Assist with the research and develop ideas for no less than 12 and up to 20 large special events annually that cater to the greater Mount Olive community.
- Assist with the planning of event layouts, incorporating sponsor booths, sponsor banners, required infrastructure, audience accommodation logistics and ADA requirements.
- Research and develop suitable event venues for each event.
- Develop registration procedures to include anything from online to ticket sales to paper forms.
- Organize and recruit necessary caterers and food vendors, liaise with the Mt Olive Health Department to ensure proper permits are acquired.
- Work cohesively with the parks department, police department and other entities to design and implement appropriate parking plans at events.
- Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support and develop a volunteer database for each event and for the overall ongoing success of all events.
- Represent department at special events, meetings and public forums.
- Assist with supervising the set-up and break-down of each event.
- Assist with the activities on event day to ensure it goes smoothly and have the capacity to project manage on site.
Other Duties as needed:
- Customer service at the counter, phone and email
- Program Coordination support
- Assist the Recreation Department as needed
Candidate will be expected to maintain a regular 37.5 hour work week in the office, Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm. Additional hours will be required in the evenings and on weekends to accommodate for meetings and special events.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations, and negotiating with the media
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Experience with the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and objectives at a time. Comfort working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Experience in volunteer recruitment and management
- Ability to create and execute timelines and work plans
Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Video editing software
FlexiSign / Photoshop or similar graphic design programs
Community Pass Database
Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc)
Edmunds Finance program
Schooldude online scheduling program