Pack your suitcases for Challenge Island’s All New World Tour! You and a tribe full of friends will engineer your way around the globe – from the Eiffel Tower, to the Sydney Harbor Bridge, to the Taj Mahal, to an African Safari. Each challenge will bring you to a different geographical destination and provide a special CI taste of the local flavor there. Please join us for this not to be missed Challenge Island global adventure!
Where: Sandshore Elementary School
Date: Tuesdays, October 9 to November 13
Time: 4:00pm – 5:00pm
(Sandshore Students Only)
Register online with Visa , MasterCard or Discover
Some of the learning objectives and activities covered in this Island:
*Design and build a model of the Eiffel Tower and design Parisian picnic foods out of clay
* Design a penguin Toboggan ride using knowledge of potential and kinetic energy
* Design and build an adventurous African safari course
* Create a World Cup foosball stadium and game
* Create a working water pipeline to bring water from the “Sea of Galilee” to a swimming pool
* Build a model Sydney Harbor Bridge applying the concept of force
What is Challenge Island?
Challenge Island is where engineering meets imagination!
It’s a one of a kind enrichment program on the cutting edge of S.T.E.A.M (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math)
Education and 21st Century Learning. Inspired by a popular reality TV show, each semester of Challenge Island takes place on a unique thematic island where our adventurous tribes tackle high-level thinking and engineering challenges at whimsical weekly destinations.